Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Why I did I choose one over another?

I did not want a lawsuit.

Simple.

Nuts to Nelson is a funny idea and I was scared that if I asked everyone to "help out" that it would get a nice little letter from their lawyers ask me to stop tell people to send nuts to them. Then I found out I was part of a much larger in-fight in the fandom. I did not be a part of any of it. Instead of "choosing" a side I decided to stick with what my original plan on the newsletter. That is to report for the Jericho Fans. Hence why now I have created a Mission Statement to tell everyone that I will not be involved in in-fight. I will just report on whats going on. I will not ask people to help this campaign over another. All campaigns are equal as all fans are equal. Fans will make or brake a campaign if they support it. Plus, it is their time and money they are wasting.

Now comes my opinion.

The Nuts to Nelson is stupid. Yes, I get the point to get media attention. Which is nice. But what if we send nuts to paramount. I bet they are ready for us to send nuts to them. But Carol Barbee, the show runner, a person who basically controls Jericho, said that the nuts idea is a one time deal.

Carol Barbee is a employee of CBS? Last time I checked shows are done by contract and Carol Barbee has a contact with CBS for many different shows. She is really not employee of CBS but a independent contractor. Unless someone has the legal papers to prove this wrong?

Noru and anyone else that wants to support this campaign. Go right ahead. Its the waste of your money and time. I am happy that its not my money and time. Just let me know how much wasted money ***cough*** I mean nuts you have sent on this campaign so I can report it.

I hope everyone understands that I have to be fair and non-bias against when I report whats going on.

Yes, I am not official newsletter. But I do need to make sure I have a sold foundation to build the newsletter when I hit the 10,000 subscribers mark. You cannot build a great building with out a great foundation.

Well, I hope everyone is not getting ready to hang me.

I hope everyone understands were I am coming from with this.

----------------------------

This opinion page is for the Jericho fans as well. If you have a opinion that you want to state but do not want to start a blog. Feel free to send me an email @ newsletter@jerichotimes.com and states that "I want this in the opinion" It can not have any swearing and must be a non-personal attack. I have the right to reject opinions. :P

------------------------------

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Jason!

Great page! I don't blame you. There is SO much in-fighting going on right now, it's really stupid. I don't know why people just can't get along. So, I don't blame you for changing the format of the newsletter, especially since people were seeing you as taking one side over the other (I didn't for the record). I agree though, I think nuts to Nielsen isn't such a great idea and it's giving the fans bad press. But oh well, I guess there's not much we can do about it now! Thanks again for your newsletter, I rely on it for all my info!

terocious said...

Hi Jason,

Great Idea to create an opinion page. I must admit that at first I found the nuts to nielsen idea to be a been there, done that scenario. But as I have taken some time to consider it I now see it as a really nice thruline. I do not however think that it is imperitive for us to deluge Nielsen. The nutting can begin slowly now and build over time or not. To me it is a reminder to Nielsen that the we know there system is flawed and it very well could have some potential for keeping Jericho in the news.

-b